What is an Anatomically Correct Heart Necklace?
What do you get when you add more intricacy and detail to the ever-popular heart shaped necklace? You get an anatomically correct heart necklace. Unlike traditional heart symbol shaped pendants, these are designed to look like miniature human hearts, with veins and arteries and all.
Also referred to as a beating heart necklace or human heart necklace, these jewelry pieces are extremely popular with people in the healthcare industry, for heart patients as well as medical students and anatomy lovers.
Also, perhaps due to the skyrocketing interest in vampires and zombies, this type of pendant has quickly risen as a fashion trend for all ages. These amazing little works of art are beloved and worn by women and men alike.
5 Best Anatomically Correct Heart Necklace Reviews
Here are 5 top choices of true heart pendants to consider for a loved one or for yourself. All are high quality and highly rated and reviewed.
If you’re looking for an anatomical heart necklace with a designer touch, this may be just the right choice. The pendant on this 3d solid sterling silver anatomically correct heart necklace opens like an antique pill box. Beautifully crafted, this is a lovely choice for a medical student or a heart patient.
Current Price – $129
- Solid sterling silver 3 dimensional pendant
- Pendant measures 1.2 inches x .8 inches
- Included sterling chain is 20 inches long
- Lift the top of the heart to reveal a compartment large enough to fit 6 small aspirin pills
Men or women who want a substantial, visible piece to show off will appreciate this large solid pewter pendant by Dysfunctional Doll. As one reviewer puts it: “a very cool piece of gothic jewelry!”.
Current Price – $15
- Pendant measures 2.5 inches long and 1.5 inches wide
- Made of solid, strong pewter metal
- Hangs on a matching heavy 24 inch adjustable link chain
- Nice detail of veins and arteries is on one side, the other side is flat/hollow
- Measures approximately 1.5 inches by .75 inches
- Locket closes with a strong and secure magnet
- Solid bronze locket can store a small note, tiny beads, or other special small items (but likely not enough room for a photo)
- Comes with a matching 30 inch chain of antique brass plated steel
Another stylish option by Anatomology, this large human heart necklace is a fashion hit with its red garnet stone highlight.
Current Price – $38
- Large human heart pendant measures approximately 1.75 inches by 1.5 inches
- Strung on a 30 inch silver tone twist chain
- Red garnet stone charm adds color and attention to the necklace
- Made of solid bronze and finished in 999 fine silver
- 3d anatomically correct design and detail
- Comes with a sturdy 22 inch stainless steel chain with solid lobster claw clasp
- Designed and sculpted in the US
Depending on the style you are interested in, who will be wearing it, and your budget, one of these anatomically correct heart necklace options is bound to be right for you.
For more heart necklace and jewelry reviews and articles, please visit us often at www.openheartnecklaces.com.