The era of the heart jewelry has never wavered and continues to rule as the top choice for all accessory lovers in all parts of the world. The many styles of open heart necklace just prove the versatility of the design. Many people in the jewelry industry never seem to lose ideas on how to transform the open heart design into something more exciting yet are still able to maintain the symbol of the open heart.
If you love the heart symbol, then you may already hold some pieces of heart jewelry in your collection. And if you share a loving relationship with someone else, whether romantic, friendship, or family, then these offer a perfect gift opportunity to show your love. There are 6 very popular designs of the open heart necklace to consider when looking for one to give or keep for your own.
1. Classic Floating Heart Necklace
This design showcases the simplicity of the open heart necklace. Many women prefer this type due to the fact that its classic open heart design with a simple chain can complement any outfit well. It is delicate and feminine and does not create an overpowering look. For this reason, it can can be worn on its own or along with other necklaces by layering.
Here are the necklaces that will complete your collection of the classic open heart design.
- Open Heart Diamond Necklace – Wear any girl’s best friend, the diamond, on your neck. The combination of the diamond studs and the open heart shape will add class and sophistication to whatever you’re wearing.
- Sterling Silver Open Heart Necklace – If you’re looking for something casual to wear everyday, an accessory with a heart design in sterling silver will do the job perfectly.
- Gold Open Heart Necklace – When your heart necklace comes in gold, then you have a staple when it comes to versatility. The gold open heart necklace is great for everyday wear and good enough to wear in semi-formal to formal occasions.
- Inscribed Open Heart Pendant – Another way of adding an even more personal dimension to this loving item is to add an inscription. These can be sayings of love, commitment, friendship, or affirmation.
2. Open Heart Double Heart Necklace
There are many ways that this necklace is presented by jewelry designers. The common yet beautiful ones, feature two open hearts that overlap and are linked together. A more recent design is the open hearts collection made by Jane Seymour. This necklace still features two open hearts, but instead of overlapping, they are two adjoined hearts connected in top and bottom symmetrical-like positions. These can be adorned with a colorful gemstone of your choice.
The heart and key necklace has both the open heart, as well as the key design. It is also called the key to my heart necklace, and may come in gold and silver, with or without diamonds or rhinestones on them. In one style, the whole pendant is a key, where the base has the open heart pendant shape. This is the perfect choice for people who like significant-looking pendants.
Another popular style is actually two separate pendants, a key and heart. Either one person can wear both on a single chain, or one can wear the key while the other wears the heart.
Amanda Rose has a version that is studded with a row of small diamonds. And Jane Seymour offers a line of these necklaces that can be personalized by adding your birthstone or the birthstone of the person you’re going to give the necklace to.
5. Half Heart Necklace for Couples
Who doesn’t know about the popularity of the the half heart necklace for couples? Instead of the typical half heart design, this one is an open half heart. Each person who is sharing this symbol of love wears one half of the heart. This design may also come in gold or silver and have diamonds or other precious gemstones on it.
The infinity symbol represents completeness and permanence. That’s what makes it a perfect match with a heart. Infinity heart necklace designs that combine the open feel of a floating heart with the infinity symbol convey a powerful meaning of everlasting love and endurance.
With all of these open heart necklace designs, you are sure to find the perfect one to give as a gift to a special person in your life. This may also be the perfect opportunity to start collecting pieces with symbolic heart designs on it for yourself, and wear them as a display and reminder of your openhearted, loving nature.